Civilisation ASTRA Museum in Sibiu was inaugurated in 1905. It is comprised of several units museum:
- ASTRA Museum of Traditional Folk Civilization (Route inari) - an open-air museum is located in Grove Sibiu. It can be visited both walking and carriage, carriage or boat. The latter way is due to the fact that inside there is a lake. The total area of the museum is 96 hectares, of which 42 hectares is the exhibition itself. There are two restaurants, two hostels, playground, and a tourist information center.
- Museum of Ethnography Franz Binder (Hermes House no. 11) - was inaugurated in 1993 and is located in a historic building built in the 1860s. The museum is the only one in the country where you can find aspects of culture, art and civilization of non-European peoples.
- ASTRA Museum of Transylvanian Civilization (Huet Square no. 12) - here over 39,000 items recorded under the name “A”, including 8.869 textile port, 9.884 embroidery and 4.155 religious objects.
- Museum of Saxon Ethnography and Folk Art Emil Sigerus (Arts House no. 21) - in this museum is the heritage of the collections held by the Museum of Ethnography Carpathian. Currently there are about 9.000 pieces, divided into three collections: painted furniture, ceramics and port - textile and embroidery.
There is a separate visiting hours for each museum, depending on the season. These can be found on the museum website.
ASTRA National Museum Complex Address: Piata Mica nr. 11 Sibiu.
- Phone: 0269.202.400
- E-mail: email@example.com