Chapel of the Holy Cross from Sibiu is a Roman Catholic place of worship and was built in 1755.
In place of the Holy Cross Chapel was built at the beginning, in the thirteenth century, a monastery of Dominican friars. After being burned and then suffered great damage in 1755, councilor Martin Wankel Transylvanian von Seeberg gave orders that the bridge he built to be transformed into a chapel. The bell tower was added in 1882 by the Roman Catholic bishop of Transylvania, Mihaly Fogarassy. Polish refugees in Sibiu Community neat mid-twentieth century, for over 50 years, the chapel. Inside the chapel is a work that it represents Jesus crucified, flanked by Mary and John. Opera was carved in 1417 by Austrian master Petrus Lantregen and has great importance for Romania Gothic art. Crucifix with a height of 7.3 meters was carved from a single block of stone and placed above the altar of the Dominican church.
In 1954 Holy Cross Chapel was declared a historic monument.
Address: December 1, 1918 Square no. 2