Church amongst Trees from Sibiu is dedicated to Saints Peter and Paul, is the oldest place of worship built by the Romanian Church United with Rome in Sibiu. The building was built between 1778-1788, with Baroque elements, and massive columns, or pilasters oyster grounds. Bishop Grigore Maior funded the work. He has received the construction of the church in 1774 by the imperial authorities. Joseph Neuhause iconostasis painted it in 1795.
The Church and the rectory are used from 1948 by the Romanian Orthodox Church, which refused their return.
Around Church amongst trees lies a cemetery which houses the graves of defenders and benefactors of the Romanian Church United with Rome. Among them is reminiscent of George Barițiu, Alexander Papiu Ilarian, David Bear, Ioan Ratiu, Alexandru Vaida Voivod or Joseph Sterca Sulutiu.
Address: Reconstruction street no. 1