Church from “Pit” from Sibiu is also known as the Church of the Annunciation. This is an Orthodox church built between 1778-1779, is one of the first Orthodox church in Sibiu. She was placed in Trinkbach valley, hence the name church from pit. Partially destroyed by earthquake in 1802, it was rebuilt in the years 1802-1803. In 1991 they made last repairs and modernization of the church.
The interior walls of the church were painted by Nicolae Brana in 1961. The railing Cafasse are painted portraits of three founders of the church: Stanca Hagi Luca, Hagi Constantin Popp si Peuna Hagi Popp.
Church from pit consists of a single body with semicircular apse and a tower with three levels above the porch. The only decorative elements of the facade are pilasters with Doric capitals. Under the bell tower is a porch where you can access the church. For indoor sobriety is the most good. There is a funerary slab with an inscription illegible.
Church of the pit was surrounded by Orthodox cemetery, was buried here many cultural figures of Sibiu nineteenth and early twentieth century, including mentioning are: Eliade Manase, Ioan Piuariu Molnar, Meletie, Hagi Constantin Popp, Vasile Aaron, Iosif Hodos, Miron Romanul sau Zaharia Boiu.
Address: Justice Street no. 5