The Franciscan Church is a Gothic church in Sibiu, the old original building was built in the fifteenth century. Inside is a Baroque church, with a semicircular arched rostrum over the northern part. This stand is painted the scene of St. Francis calling birds.
The church was at the beginning the Poor Clares Monastery. After the Lutheran Reformation was abolished, being used as a granary. In 1716 was acquired by the Franciscans. Due to the collapse of the vaults in 1776 the church was several times rebuild by the Franciscan monks.
Near the main altar of the Franciscan church are two altars. Inside, in the north choir is the tomb of General Count Damian Hugo von Virmond, monument made of stone. In the crypt of the church there are several tombstones, among which is found the governor of Transylvania, Iohann Haller. The church is a wooden statue representing the Madonna and Child, the statue being built in the fifteenth century. Franciscan church also houses a cenotaph dedicated to Baroness Arianna Andlern.
Address: Selarilor street No.14