Museum of Arms and Hunting Trophies in Sibiu was founded in 1966. After 15 years it is moved to the villa Colonel August von Spiess.
Much of its parts belong to the collection of the colonel, that was for a good period of years foreman of the Royal House Hunting.
In the museum exhibit will find a picture of the evolution of hunting weapons over time. At this time in the museum you find over 1,500 pieces coming from donations or purchased from collectors. The oldest parts date back to the early nineteenth century. Trophies of the exhibition was attended and received awards in many national and international specialized exhibitions.
The most important collections that make up a large proportion of August von Spiess, and Emil Witting or collections of Transylvanian Society of Natural Sciences Collection of Sibiu.
List of premises that form the museum:
- at entry found a brief history of hunting weapons from the Stone Age. In the first room is desired an overview.
- In the second room will be presented impressive hunting trophies of small size as foxes, wild cats or birds
- The third room is dedicated to August von Spiess, being here pictures of this, rifles, trophies and objects of the literature
- Next room accommodates large trophies, hunting deer, bear or boar
- Last room presents trophies of Von Spiess from the two expeditions to Africa, finding here antelopes, rhinos and zebras
Behind the museum is a backyard to host environmental education activities for students.
Summer: Tuesday - Sunday 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday and the first Tuesday of every month is closed
Winter: Wednesday - Sunday 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday and Tuesday closed
Address: Scoala de inot street, no. 4
Official Website: http://www.brukenthalmuseum.ro/vanatoare/index.html
- Phone: (+40) 269 218 143
- E-mail: email@example.com