History of Pharmacy Museum from Sibiu was opened in 1972 and is a rarity among Romanian and European museums. Sibiu was chosen to create the museum for two reasons. Firstly because there was established the first pharmacy in Romania (1494), and secondly in the area has developed a rich activity in terms of the pharmaceutical industry.
The building in which the museum is an architectural monument with Renaissance and Gothic elements dating from 1568. A third pharmacy of Sibiu, in chronological order, it worked in this building, with the name of'' The Black Bear''.
The museum's collections include more than 6,600 pieces that presents the techniques of pharmaceutical and medication over time.
Museum of Pharmacy is composed of three sections:
- oficina - is the composition of a tradition of a pharmacy here being presented medicinal products
- Laboratory - among others here are bronze mortars, marble or cast iron, percolation to obtain herbal tinctures, Mensur tin or parts for tablets and suppositories
- The collection of Homeopathy - includes over 2,900 pieces such as kits and bottles of homeopathic preparations
Address: Piata Mica nr. 26, Sibiu
Official Website: http://www.brukenthalmuseum.ro/farmacie/index.html
- Phone: (+40) 269 218 191
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org