Under Alders Park from Sibiu was created in 1856 and is one of the oldest parks in the country. In the next two years was made two main paths at the same time as planting various species of shrubs. In the 1860 was built the bridge over the Trinbach brook after a year after the dam was built. In 1865 was founded the Under Alders restaurant. First fountain in the park was built in 1894. After another four years was created music pavilion used by military band for concerts and the 1904 fleet is electric lighting.
1927 on the south side of the park was put into service the Municipal Stadium, which has undergoing major changes in the period 1977-1981. In the 1938 the monument of Mihai Eminescu was unveiled, bust made by sculptor Radu Moga.
In 1979 the main paths were paved, was refurbished the fountain and was built a playground for children.
Current area of the park is 22 hectares, which increases over 68 species of which 30 are the exotic wood. The park is home of about 100 species of birds.