Sibiu Synagogue was built in eclectic style between 1898 - 1899. It was included on the List of Historical Monuments in Sibiu in 2004. Who was responsible for raising funds for the church was president of the Jewish Community in Sibiu, Josef Schwartz. He gave the task of building the church to Hungarian architect Ferenc Szalay.
Sibiu Synagogue consists of a rectangular body with two levels. Red brick cladding was used for the main façade, with five bays, demarcated by bright yellow rectangular columns. The ground floor and first floor are separated by a belt and stone frieze decorated with plant motifs. Windows and entrance door are finished at the top in a semicircle. Star of David is decorated on the upper field glazed windows.
Synagogue of Sibiu has three entrances, two on each side and one front panel. Access to all entries made on a platform with four steps. Above the main entrance there is a frame finished in spring broke, which is a Hebrew inscription, limited to one ends six pointed star.
The interior has a basilica plan with three naves arches straddle stands triforii shaped, there being women galleries. Synagogue is naturally lit with many windows at both ground and first floor.
Address: Constitution street no. 19